SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Administrative Assistant assists the FP&A Director with day to day support functions. Support spans FP&A Director’s job scope of Financial Planning & Analysis. Maintains a consolidated view of FP&A Director’s priorities, communications, presentations, schedules and pending deliverables. Coordinates with the other departments to follow up on various deliverables and projects task status. Follow-up and have meetings with FP&A’s direct reports as required to insure workbook objectives and assigned task lists are met. Manage timely delivery of all business meeting deliverables for FP&A and will align cross functionally with corresponding departments/administrative assistances/coordinators. FP&A Director expects a close and highly responsive relationship with the day-to-day work activities within assigned functions. Works independently, receiving minimum of detailed supervision and guidance in carrying out assigned responsibilities. Ensures strict confidentiality with all records, documents and related information pertaining to high level plans and decisions affecting Company operations. Relieves FP&A Director of designated administrative details, and exercises judgment and makes decisions within the scope of authority.
- Reviews FP&A Director’s task lists as assigned to assure deadlines and deliverables are maintained.
- Follow-up and meet with FP&A Director’s direct reports as required to ensure objectives and assigned task lists are met.
- Prepares correspondences and other necessary communication, including word-processing, spreadsheet preparation, and report generation for internal and external customer requests.
- Monitors and prepares documentation on projects in accordance with current project management guidelines for the department.
- Manages office supplies for the department including ordering, billing out, and inventory control.
- Uses discretion regarding costs associated with ordering supplies.
- Performs staff accounting duties such as confirmation letters and follow up; expense report accruals; department compensation tracking; invoice processing; credit applications.
- Inspects all papers, documents, and calculations to ensure the accuracy and/or consistency of information flowing through the department.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information for the FP&A Director’s and his/her immediate direct reports.
- Helps maintain department files and records, including Departmental Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Keeps informed and up-to-date on company policies and practices relating to the functions of the assigned departments, in order to make administrative decisions within the limits of approved programs.
- Establishes and maintains document retrieval systems for the department.
- Provides administrative support for the department to include telephone coverage, copier projects, mail handling, and supplies control.
- Plans appointments, meetings, and travel arrangement and maintains an accurate calendar of appointments for FP&A Director.
- Assists department team members in coordinating and managing schedules.
- Codes and processes expense account charges and vendor invoices, including researching discrepancies and working with vendors until problem resolution is achieved.
- Creates and develops visual presentations for the department, including charts, tables, graphs and business plans.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
- Actively engages with all parties to ensure quality of data, communications and reports.
- Responds to calls for the department from both internal and external sources professionally, working closely with department team on identifying effective solutions.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- High school diploma/GED equivalent or equivalent work experience
- Associates degree preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- 6-12 months experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in JD Edwards preferred
- Elementary professional knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies with an elementary understanding of the cross functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC