SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Supports the Treasury department by accurately matching bank deposits and updating treasury logs. Provides status reports to Coordinators and Director regarding any outstanding items. Works with Company designated banks to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all transactions.
- Provides back up to the Data Analysts during absences or high volume seasons.
- Assists Treasury Coordinators with Departmental Projects, as needed.
- Ensures deposits are accurately matched and processed in A/S 400 system.
- Prepares and distributes letters to Operations Area Managers for notification of deposit adjustments, missing deposits, late validations, and missing Daily Sales Reports (DSR).
- Processes daily Bank Administration Institute transmission files (deposit detail information). Downloads daily deposit information from the banks and submits data into A/S 400 to allow matching process.
- Maintains research log for banks.
- Submits all research to the banks pertaining to deposit discrepancies or questions.
- Reviews research items with Treasury Coordinator on a weekly basis.
- Reviews and updates Deposit Correction Notice (DCN) log for accuracy.
- Reviews DCN items with Treasury Coordinator on a weekly basis.
- Researches discrepancies and makes adjustments as required.
- Provides Sales staff with Deposit Correction information to update DSR.
- Matches bank information to updated DSR data and updates DCN log to reflect changes.
- Prints credit card “buckets” for daily corrections. Reviews discrepancies and makes adjustments, as required.
- Ensures all month-end goals are properly met.
- Keeps Director apprised of any outstanding issues or pending concerns, which may affect the deadlines for the department.
- Maintains strong relationships with bank contacts to ensure quality service.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- Some college work in finance courses preferred
- High school diploma/GED equivalent or equivalent work experience
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- No experience necessary
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- Proficient in data entry and MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and JD Edwards preferred
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated 10-key by touch experience.
- Previous banking experience preferred.
- Elementary knowledge of practices and procedures in a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies