SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Assists the Real Estate Segment with project development of new unit and conversion projects. Manages conceptual site plans, site investigation reports, project schedule, construction document creation, consultant coordination and progress communication within the Real Estate Segment. Works with Real Estate Manager and Construction Manager to coordinate any and all mandated site requirements essential to accurate project construction plans, to accurately deliver timely building permits and to communicate through the construction process any and all issues that may adversely affect the project and project schedule to meet strategic plan. Facilitates the project close-out process and assists the Construction Manager in reconciling the final project budget. Undertakes additional duties as assigned, including construction administration, franchise design projects, prototypical design creation and assistance with property management and maintenance services.
- Manages development of Construction Documents of building designs for new construction and conversions in accordance with standards.
- Utilizes computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
- Develops design files and maintains an organized file system for design drawings.
- Organizes and files prototypical document sets, including all updates.
- Facilitates the close-out meeting and archives documents after completion of construction.
- Provides Quality Assurance with all Construction Documents for review and comment.
- incorporates QA review as appropriate and coordinates the plan design and review between QA and outside consultants.
- Coordinates, communicates and schedules with outside consultants/vendors to address project specific questions.
- Reviews all consultant work with written comments and follows up to ensure completion of noted issues.
- Prepares and delivers project reports and summaries, including consultant/vendor work.
- Maintains current knowledge of Building Codes and Americans with Disabilities Act requirements.
- Establishes and upholds individual metrics that are consistent with, and supportive of, those goals of the Real Estate Segment and the Whataburger family.
- Works with the Real Estate Segment to recommend options and solutions regarding site development issues and design factors, including size, shape, and arrangement of structures, specifications, materials, color, equipment to meet standards and project budgets.
- Assists design consultants to provide prompt, quality design documents.
- Provides updates to plans and drawings that reflect construction changes identified in the normal course of construction.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- Bachelor degree in architecture/engineering/interior design field
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- 1-2 years experience in related field
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to learn new software required.
- AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp
- Rhino3D preferred
- BIM (Revit) preferred
- In-depth understanding of building codes and industry standards
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, internally and externally, to achieve common goals, objectives and results
- Basic professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of
- specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies with an elementary understanding of the cross- functional structure and policies of the Real Estate Segment