SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Zone Marketing Coordinator is a business partner responsible for managing Local Store Marketing (LSM) planning for one zone. Effectively executes approved LSM activities to generate measured trial, traffic and profitable sales in the specified zones. Aligns zones operations with the approved Corporate Brand Calendar promotions. Position can be located anywhere within Rio Grande Valley.
- Provides itinerary to Zone Manager, or Division Marketing Director, or Regional Marketing Manager that outlines goals, focus, travel plans, and other related issues.
- Reports any outdoor billboard condition changes, as required.
- Identifies and reports LSM tools needed such as advertisements, materials, premiums, and Point of Purchase materials (POP) that are not currently provided.
- Aligns local Operations Teams with the Brand Calendar through communication of plans, materials and action items to support monthly promotions.
- Documents and communicates the marketing activities and provides measured results to the Zone Manager, or Division Marketing Director, or Regional Marketing Manager.
- Develops monthly measurement reports of the marketing activities that capture LSM activity objectives, program timing, program results, and sales and transactions impact.
- Recommends media opportunities (outdoor billboards, media-based sponsorships, etc.) based on store needs and store environment.
- Follows up on process to ensure media elements are consistent and meet Whataburger Brand standards.
- Provides reports on any market or unit conditions that may affect the outdoor billboard program or other LSM programs such as unit closings, openings or highway construction.
- Reviews and recommends sponsorship proposals to Zone Manager, or Regional Marketing Manager, or Divisional Marketing Director.
- Coordinates all Local Store Planning for one zone.
- Ensures marketing activities and sales are in alignment with Corporate Brand strategic goals.
- Executes planned activities such as programs, sponsorships and events for approved LSM initiatives, as required.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
- Actively engages with all parties to ensure quality of data, communications and reports.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with all Company assets.
- Produces financial analysis regarding business conditions (pre-post) and effectiveness of any given marketing plan, including justification of advertisement fund dollar expenditures/agency charges.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- Associates degree required or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Bilingual preffered - Spanish
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- 6-12 months experience preferably in restaurant industry
- Minimum 4 years’ previous marketing experience, preferred Prior experience managing franchisee relationships, advertising, local store marketing and sponsorship management, preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with the general public; ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, vendors and co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in JD Edwards preferred
- Basic professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies with an elementary understanding of the cross- functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
- Elementary ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
WORKING CONDITIONS/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: (Environmental conditions inherent in the job, such as physical demand, hazards, and care for the safety of others)
- Exempt employees are expected to work the necessary time to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
- Working conditions exist to satisfactorily fulfill job responsibilities
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Driver License
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Flexibility for attending or responding to early morning and late night meetings and inquiries