SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Ensures accurate recording of financial transactions for preparation of period-end consolidated and segment reports. Establishes and monitors controls for the safeguarding of company assets. Provides leadership and oversight for consolidated and segment accounting transactions and ensures consolidated and segments reports are prepared accurately and timely. Supervises process level staff. Reviews consolidated and segment accounting data for analysis and planning, informing upper management of potential impact to the Company.
- Creates and documents process and procedures for Corporate and Segment Accounting functions.
- Maintains responsibility for analyzing Corporate and Segment Accounting transactions.
- Establishes and implements a sound operational and organizational plan in direct support of Corporate and Segment Accounting.
- Directs and/or prepares reports, as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Maintains responsibility for Corporate and Segment analysis and reporting.
- Coordinates monthly Corporate and Segment Accounting reporting.
- Maintains responsibility for Corporate and Segment Accounting Balance Sheet and P & L analysis and variance explanations.
- Tracks, reviews and reports performance of Corporate and Segment Accounting according to Plan identifying causation of significant variances with recommendations.
- Maintains responsibility for summarizing Corporate and Segment Accounting – providing analysis and financial statement
classification for accuracy and risks mitigation.
- Develops and reports on key performance indicators for Corporate and Segment Accounting.Provides analysis for Corporate and Segment Accounting Forecast Model.
- Compares performance with plans and standards for Corporate and Segment Accounting. Provides reports and interprets the results of Corporate and Segment Accounting to all levels of management.
- This includes the formulation of accounting policies, the preparation of financial reports and data, the coordination of systems and procedures, and special reports as required.
- Provides analysis of Corporate and Segment Accounting for MLT presentations and Board & Banker’s meetings.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
- Coordinates work of auditors and tax consultants with Accounting and other departments.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with all Company assets.
- Oversees journal entries for accruals and any necessary entries.
- Reviews the monthly general ledger for accuracy and makes corrections, as necessary.
- Provides analysis and support for quarterly consolidated financials and bank compliance certificates.
- Provides analysis and support for annual consolidated financials and audit and bank compliance certificates.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field preferred, or equivalent experience in accounting or finance.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires.)
- 6 years’ experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively.)
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and JD Edwards preferred.
- Intermediate professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of Company and departmental structure and policies.
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
- Basic ability to delegate projects and get work done through others.
- Basic understanding of performance review process.
- Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: (Certificate requirement appropriate to position.)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred