SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Marketing Business Analyst is involved in coordinating and assisting the department in managing multiple budgets related but not limited to projects, sponsorships, TV and radio production and print collateral. Coordinates planning and implementation of processes and cross-functional markeSystem
- Assists in developing and updating departmental P&P and governance, including process maps with Business Manager.
- Serves as liaison with Internal Compliance and Marketing Department for testing items.
- Provides project coordination that includes creating project binders, updating reports and following up on action items and tasks.
- Tracking and updating RIDA (Risk, Issue, Decision, and Action) items in DAPTIV so issues and progress can be addressed and communicated to stakeholders.
- Under the direction of the Business Manager or Project Manager, executes and ensures successful completion of department deliverables such as budget reports, planners, meeting presentations, etc.
- May update business summaries, action requests, lessons learned and other communication related to marketing business activities or projects.
- May provide input to the Restaurant Technology (RT) team by obtaining cross-functional input to populate the spreadsheet with details to program menu offerings and associated register keys and prices.
- In conjunction with the Business Manager and Project Manager, ensures cross-functional communication for all the departments involved in key deliverables such as new menu items.
- May coordinate information to write Operations Alerts related to projects or other department communication and ensures necessary approvals are obtained prior to release.
- May prepare Power Point presentations for use by Marketing staff in Strategy Council meetings, Franchise Business meetings, Business Integration Council meetings, Support System meetings, and Flying W and A-frame meetings.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
- Actively engages with all parties to ensure quality of data, communications and reports.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with all Company assets.
- Populates budget trackers, reviewing actuals vs. budget.
- Under the direction of the Business Manager and Project Manager, assists in coordinating marketing business and project budgets, coding and researching invoices, reconciling and reallocating dollars to projects as needed.
- Research payment status and seek answers to questions from other vendors and other departments regarding invoices and transactions.
- Review budget variance reports and assist in planning and reviewing budgets for multiple Business Units.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- Associates degree required or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing preferred
EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- Experience in contributing to the management of projects is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Visio is required.
- 0-6 months experience preferably in restaurant industry
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- Basic professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Elementary understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Elementary understanding of departmental structure and policies with an elementary understanding of the cross- functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
- Elementary ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others