Are you an energetic professional who wants to be part of a great team!
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Media Strategist provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management to meet current and future business needs. He/she must be a day-to-day steward of the Whataburger brand. Responsible for analyzing and directing all functional related activities within the scope of the Marketing department including the media budget. Accountable for ensuring continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization. The Media Strategist is required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of our business and ensure that all media requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Guide media plan development for all markets including Spanish language media (where applicable).
- Maintain and share sales information for each market, each period and each quarter.
- Review and approve changes to media plans on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Keep abreast of industry trends through advertising and media trade journals and a providing points-of-view on various media in the marketplace.
- Develop and submit traffic instructions each promotional window.
- Analyzing competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Investigate creative, innovative approaches to strategically reach the target consumer.
- Measure media performance to determine the extent to which the original objectives and strategies were met.
- Review added value recommendations and supporting field marketing team in execution.
- Review events and sponsorship proposals submitted by various media outlets and align with Sponsorships Manager where applicable.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly media planning meetings.
- Present monthly/quarterly updates as needed.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objects, goals and results.
- Meet with media sales reps and industry representatives as needed to pursue ideas that are strategically aligned with the business.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility with all Company assets.
- Responsible for the media budget.
- Ensuring media billing and reconciliations occur regularly and accurately in collaboration with the business manager and finance team.
- Coding and processing monthly invoices for all media efforts.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- 5+ years of media experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with exposure to all forms of media
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for media/marketing
- Has a consumer-centric view in all strategic thinking
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Ability to think creatively and take initiative
- Excellent time management skills, a sharp eye for detail and proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of budget management and media billing
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Intermediate professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Intermediate understanding of departmental structure and policies with basic understanding of the cross-functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants, LLC
- Basic ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
- Ability to prepare and present information to guests, more senior associates, vendors and management with sufficient notice and preparation