SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Directs the systems support, shared services, content management, service request, and corporate services teams. Ensures the strategic planning and execution are aligned and prioritized to achieve the strategy set by leadership. Ensures the strategy and business performance is consistently and clearly communicated. Directs the ongoing activities of the ESC to support the consistent and efficient execution of projects. Directs the daily activities of the ESC department to ensure all RTB work is following the best practices methodology established at Whataburger.
- Communicates with stakeholders and collaborates with a variety of functional areas in order to deliver program results that significantly contribute to strategic capability.
- Identifies problems and recommends solutions in daily work and for assigned programs/project to improve services.
- Works with senior leadership to identify gaps and opportunities to apply frameworks that substantially improve the performance of back office functions.
- Develops short- and long-term plans for all relevant levels of senior leadership, including anticipated deliverables, outcomes, economics and required resources to sustain the transformation.
- Influences and communicates effectively with all levels of the organization on enterprise strategy.
- Makes complex ideas more manageable and understandable, to build cross-organizational consensus and commitment.
- Promotes a “one system” environment with consistency of leadership within the staff.
- Actively leads efforts that encourage equitable problem resolution and improved working relationships.
- Promotes and champions individual growth within the organization.
- Stands out as a role model for others through daily interaction and leadership example as a resource for projects that support the Vision and Mission.
- Leads and directs staff communication and compliance monitoring of policies, procedures and practices.
- Provides department leadership toward creating, maintaining, and marketing the enterprise vision and direction.
- Advises and educates the Whatabrands Chief of Staff team on enterprise and corporate services issues to ensure each area is aligned with the future plans.
- Consults on the implementation of business solutions based on the enterprise and corporate services development.
- Coaches and mentors the Enterprise Business Services and Corporate Services team.
- Develops positive relationships with direct reports through frequent and substantial 1:1 coaching to establish goals and objectives for personal and professional growth.
- Plans and delegates work to staff.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, training and development, performance evaluations and other staff related issues.
- Directs the EBS team to develop and implement strategies for the intranet support team, including BMC FootPrints, SharePoint (Orange & Collaboration), Portals (Enterprise, Restaurant, Vendor, & Franchise), WB.com, et al.
- Directs the EBS team to develop and implement strategies for the services team, including systems services, desktop & mobile support, systems services administration, and the enterprise call center.
- Directs the EBS team to develop and implement strategies for the content management team, including document management, workflow management and knowledge management and employee experience.
- Directs the EBS team to develop and implement strategies for service request management, including assessing and defining an enterprise service management solution, enterprise work order solution, call-in number for support, technology enhancement tracking, and enterprise survey solution.
- Supports the development of the OCOS Strategy & Annual Plan as it relates to the EBS and Corporate Services Departments and in alignment with the Corporate & Segment Strategies & Annual Plans.
- Directs the procurement and delivery of a variety of corporate services, to include managing existing tasks, continuously striving to improve processes and delivery, and evaluating existing and new service delivery opportunities.
- Directs the CS team to identify new sources for services, bidding, negotiations and contracts, to ensure the highest possible total value and quality levels.
- Directs the CS team to resolve issues and identify opportunities to enhance service delivery.
- Champions long-range view of strategic impact on functional users and defends case for change and budget to meet requirements.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objectives, goals and results.
EDUCATION: (Minimum formal education the job requires)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA in Information Systems preferred
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: (Minimum experience the job requires)
- 10 years experience in Information Technology and/or Customer Support
KNOWLEDGE: (Level of knowledge required to perform the job effectively)
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance. Understands and communicates the broad enterprise implications of line-of-business decisions
- The ability to apply principles to business solutions
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Approaches work with new ideas, creative thinking, and innovative approaches
- Develops approaches and techniques to drive consensus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of technology and other architectures
- Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
- Advanced understanding of the function’s structure and policies with an intermediate understanding of the structure and policies of Whatabrands LLC
- Advanced understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Advanced ability to implement given strategic direction
- Advanced understanding of performance review process
- Advanced understanding of portfolio management: input to output, decision making process, logical sequence of activities, interdependencies between activities/tasks, deliverable prioritization and timeline
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: (Certificate requirement appropriate to position)
- PMP, ITIL, and Support Center Director certification desired.