Use your skills and experience to help the Whataburger IT Team Succeed!
IT Business Engagement Manager
Summary Description: Leads technology efforts to successful outcomes in support of business vision and strategies, by building a bridge of understanding and partnership between the business and IT. This position sets and constantly adjusts customer expectations though effective communication. Serves both the business customers and IT colleagues by advocating for business customers to IT through a clear understanding of business strategy and direction, ensuring clear and accurate elicitation and documentation of business requirements prepared by Business Analysts and appropriate technical architecture as prepared by Solution Architects. Works with Project Management and is considered the leading influence over the technology team assigned to deliver business technology solutions. Represents IT to business customers by explaining technical solution possibilities and constraints.
- Understands business strategy and correlates it to technology possibilities through a joint partnership with the business and technology leadership.
- Brings customer perspective and insight to technology teams to provide optimal technical solution delivery to the business.
- Manages customer expectations and satisfaction by working with the IT Project disciplines (business analysis, project management, IT architecture and IT service execution) by:
- Reporting on status to key stakeholders, customers and executive sponsors.
- Managing cost/benefit analysis and benefit realization at the project level.
- Overseeing project risks and issues and engaging to resolve as needed.
- Ensuring clear and concise communication of the business customer’s objectives to the IT Project Team.
- Providing a full understanding of business processes so that improvements and innovations can be identified and recommended as projects.
- Providing assistance to the business customer in planning for the change management tasks needed to implement the new solution, including training materials and approach, roll-out strategies, transition to functional operations and communication plan.
- Leads assigned technology projects and initiatives, serving as a bridge for communication, understanding and leadership between the technology team and business stakeholders.
- Provides effective decision making within acceptable boundaries of IT project, practices and architecture (business analysis, project management and IT and information architecture) to ensure timely and effective solution delivery. Manages the “grey” areas and trade-offs between the theoretical and the practical.
- Works with Solution Architects to understand architectural strategies to ensure proper application of technologies into the business and alignment with enterprise architecture standards.
- Consults with business leaders to guide decisions and find a best fit for technology solutions within the Whataburger enterprise architecture.
- Supports colleagues involved in design, development and business analysis to ensure the business has provided all the necessary input and participation for timely and cost effective development of technology solutions.
- Communicates technology vision and future possibilities to the business through effective collaboration and partnership with IT strategists and architects.
- Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 years experience preferably in restaurant industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in JD Edwards and Daptiv (project management tool) .
- Intermediate professional or theoretical knowledge and functional concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of departmental structure and policies with a basic understanding of the structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC.
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures.
- Basic ability to delegate projects and get work done through others.
- Basic understanding of performance review process.
Ability to prepare and present ideas and recommendations to colleagues, manager and direct reports with ample notice and preparation.
- PMP, ITIL, Six of Lean Sigma preferred.