Use your skill and experience to help the Whataburger IT Team Succeed!
The Systems Analyst configures and integrates, from a technology perspective, the POS/BOS solution for the restaurants. Maintains the technical aspects of the POS/BOS solution, receives new builds from
the vendor and works with the infrastructure team to push new versions of the solutions to the units. This position will also maintain the integrations between the vendor code and the custom code developed to meet Whataburger specific needs.
- Acts as liaison to POS/BOS Analysts and EDM analysts to ensure the solution is configured to run accurately in our units.
- In accordance with standards, creates programs/scripts required to deliver those functions and integrations.
- Participates in code reviews as required to assure code is up to department standard.
- Plans/writes test scripts and executes those scripts as part of a comprehensive Systems Test.
- Updates various types of system documentation as final step in upgrade/deployment process, to help ensure other teammates can support the application in the event of turnover or job change.
- Completes emergency support tasks to ensure maximum uptime for the in-store and host Product Data Management applications.
- Completes small tickets to help enhance the applications over time.
- Completes a variety of project construction/testing tasks in support of major upgrades and large projects.
- Acts as level 3 support for all POS/BOS applications.
- Works collaboratively with others (internally and externally) to achieve common objects, goals and results.
- BS/BA in Business Management, computer science or related software engineering (desired)
- Associate degree in computer science or business management (required)
- Minimum 2 years of restaurant industry experience working in a POS/BOS environment.
- Basic proficiency in various development techniques/tools (ex. VB Script; ASP.NET, VB6, SRS, C#, Visual Studio,Source Safe).
- Basic familiarity with stored procedures, SQL, and the SQL Server DB.
- Intermediate professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
- Basic understanding of departmental structure and policies with basic understanding of the cross-functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC.
- Elementary ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others.
- Ability to prepare and present information to guests, more senior associates, vendors and management