Join a progressive and innovative team of IT professionals!
Summary Description: The JDE Lead Developer maintains existing code and builds new programs in support of a large project or small enhancement/production ticket level of effort. The Developer programs using JD Edwards programming tools to create new applications for the various Accounting, Finance, HR, Payroll, Operations, etc. users at Whataburger.
The JDE Developer uses specialized knowledge, skills and experience to maintain and build IT programs supporting necessary functions of the Company.
- In accordance with standards, creates technical specs and programs required to deliver those functions.
- Participates in code reviews as required to assure code is up to department standard.
- Plans/writes test scripts and executes those scripts as part of a comprehensive Systems Test.
- Updates multiple system documentation as final step in development process. The incumbent helps to ensure other teammates can support the application in the event of turnover or job change.
- Completes emergency support tasks to bring the JD Edwards applications back online.
- Completes a variety of project construction/testing tasks in support of major upgrades and large projects.
• BS/BA in computer science is preferred or related software engineering (desired)
- 7+ years of JD Edwards programming experience
• Advanced professional or theoretical knowledge and fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization in the execution of assigned duties and responsibilities
• Basic understanding of budgetary concepts and procedures
• Intermediate understanding of departmental structure and policies with intermediate understanding of the cross-functional structure and policies of Whataburger Restaurants LLC
• Intermediate ability to delegate tasks and get work done through others
• Ability to prepare and present information to guests, more senior associates, vendors and management with sufficient notice and preparation